Saturday, June 6, 2009

Welcome Saturday!

Well, I survived my first full week. It has been challenging..but not really discouraging.
Yesterday I had my endoscopy. It was really not a big deal AT ALL. The worst part was getting the IV because the nurse couldn't hit my vein, so she kept digging around in my arm. I hate that! I would rather they just take the needle out and start over. Anyways, once I got back to the procedure room, they knocked me out, I took a ten minute nap, and I woke up in recovery. Once my BP rose it bit (It was 64/thirtysomething!) I got to leave. Very painless. AND best of all: everything looks good!! They took a couple of biopsies that have to be evaluated by the pathologist before we will know for certain, but I am very relieved. For years I have been worried about the damage I have caused to my esophagus and the potential for cancer, so it is a big relief to have good news!
Yesterday I struggled....I purged. There were a number of influencing factors, although not justifiable ones, that led to my slip-up. I let staff know right away and have been processing the emotions/thoughts/feeling around the incident and how I can plan to cope better in the future.
I finally got a room Thursday night. I love it! It has gorgeous views, is warm and modern and has lots of storage space. Pictures to follow! I also volunteered for a weekly chore- there is a variety, but mine is to clear, wipe down and set the tables after each meal.
Today we have a couple of groups, and an outing, in which we are going to get manicures and/or pedicures. Every other weekend's outing is paid for by Castlewood, up to $15/person. It should be pretty chill, and I am hoping to get a fair amount of work on my assignments done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for agreeing to the NG tube, and for admitting that you purged. I hope you can process through it and learn from the mistake so it's prevented in the future. I'm glad you got a gorgeous room also! I'm SO grateful you're there.