Friday, June 12, 2009

Two weeks

Well, another week down. This was a somewhat stressful week as Family Week was Tuesday- Thursday, so all of our groups were cancelled and instead we had large groups with the families, cramped in an unaccommodating room. All of the clients were relieved to see Family Week be over so that we could have some breathing room.
It has also been a challenging week for me food-wise. My meal plan was increased Monday, and again on Wednesday. I was (am) quite anxious about this as it is a big change and I am struggling with feeling very physically uncomfortable, as well as feeling fat, disgusting and bloated. My dietitian claims that I have not gained any weight at all, but I am having a hard time believing that. She called me tonight (it is her day off) and said more increases are looming. I don't think I can handle that.
Additionally, there have been some conflicts in the milieu, namely between another person and myself. The tension has been building, and I have been okay, but then in group today I just broke down, crying hard. I don't even remember the last time I cried. Thankfully, I have been told the conflict does not really have to do with me, and I feel a little better about expressing how I am struggling within the community. Mostly I feel unheard and that people only see negatives in me. I have a very hard time with feeling I am so socially unacceptable.
Tonight we went to see a movie- "The Taking of Pellham...123". It was an intense movie, not the kind I typically watch, but it was good. I almost backed out, as I almost always do when it come to social outings, but I went and it was okay. Although I was extremely disappointed to have to settle for Diet Pepsi vs. Diet Coke.Tomorrow we are going to the Botanical Gardens.
My throat has been unbearably painful today. If it is this bad tomorrow, I might go to Urgent Care and get it looked at. I can hardly stand to swallow.
I hope everyone has a good weekend...including myself!

No comments: