Thursday, May 7, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!
My life is not so exciting that I need to share it with the world, but I hope that maybe by sharing my life, I can help someone else. And, selfishly, I want to help myself, too.
This blog will chronicle my recovery from my eating disorder, but I want it to be more than that. I hope to share my thoughts and opinions, and just be able to connect with others. For those of you that do not know, I have been battling anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa for over eleven years. It has taken everything from me- my relationships, my schooling, my happiness and my will to live. I have been in and out of eating disorder programs and hospitals over 40 times, sometimes hoping my life would change, other times not.
I actually created this account a while ago, but wanted to wait until I was certain that I was going to recover before sharing it with the world. But why wait?? Will I ever be certain that I will recover?? How will I know when it is the beginning of that time?? One of my biggest faults is that I never want to make a decision until I am certain it is the right decision, at the right time. And often I wait so long that I don't make a decision, or allow someone else to make it for me.
So I cant guarantee that this attempt at recovery will be any different than the rest. I cant promise that every day I will be gung-ho about recovery or that I welcome a new life with open arms.
But I am hoping that whatever comes in the following days, weeks, and months, I will grow and learn.
So if you are up for the ride, I welcome you to join!

No comments: